[BridgeMojo] New classes starting (and check out my dealing machine)

Morris Jones mojo at whiteoaks.com
Tue Dec 30 20:43:49 PST 2014

Bridge I is starting up again in a couple of weeks! "Bidding in the 21st
Century" is the starting class for new students, and a great refresher
for the fundamentals of Standard American bidding.

The first class is on Wednesday, January 14, at 7:00 p.m.

Send a couple folks so you can make a foursome at home! :) Here's the
link to PCC Extension to sign up: http://goo.gl/gRvQAm

Bridge II "Play of the Hand" is also available for registration. It
follows right on the heels of Bridge I, and starts on March 18. I'll
send another reminder when that is closer.

I also have the "Social Bridge" email list for helping put together
games. You can join that here:

And there's a Facebook page as well: https://www.facebook.com/Bridgemojo

Now here's something a little different. Those of you who enjoyed (well,
suffered through) using the special "E-Z Deal" cards for bridge class,
you can tell folks about how you had to make up the hands back in the
day. Hopefully I won't be doing that any more!

I acquired a machine that deals cards into bridge hands. :)

You can see the machine in action in a little YouTube video I made here:
http://youtu.be/05T9erEaJqs and I wrote a blog post about how I'm using
the machine for class on my blog here:
http://mojo.whiteoaks.com/2014/12/07/teaching-bridge-with-a-hand-dealing-machine/

Hope you all have a great 2015, and hope to see you at a bridge table!

Best regards,
Mojo
--
Morris Jones